50 Snacks Under 100 Calories (That Are Ready In Minutes!)
You’ve probably seen the infamous “100 Calorie Snack Packs” lining the shelves of your supermarket. They’re everywhere!
While they may be low in calories (which essentially has nothing to do with losing weight), they are extremely harmful to your waistline and overall health. Most often, they’re high in sugar, fat, chemical additives and preservatives and unhealthy carbs.
After complaining about this clever food marketing tactic for way too long, I decided to create my own 100 calorie snacks that are ready to devour in minutes!
No, I’m not manufacturing food products. You see, I don’t have to. Mother Nature has taken care of that for me.
And while I don’t advocate counting calories, when you’re eating healthy, whole foods it can be a good way to keep portion sizes in check.
So… without further ado, allow me to present…
50 snacks under 100 calories (That Are Ready In Minutes!)
These are some of the healthiest “snack packs” you’ll ever have the delight of tasting!
- 1 sliced tomato with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup baby carrots with 2 tbsp of hummus
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 4 squares dark chocolate and 1 cup green tea
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 orange sprinkled with cinnamon
- 2 cups yummy apple slices
- 1 cup apply slices with 1 1/2 tsp of almond butter
- 1 c raspberries drizzled with raw honey
- 1 cup grilled pineapple
- 4 cups of fresh cherry tomatoes (that’s a LOT Of tomatoes!)
- 1 cup of tasty blueberries
- 1 baked sweet potato with 1 tsp maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 cup fruit salad with 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/2 banana with 2 tbsp of shredded coconut for dipping
- 1 apple
- 1 cup frozen grapes
- 5 strawberries dipped in 2 squares of melted dark chocolate
- 8 oz lemonade frozen into popsicles
- 8 almonds and 1 small orange
- 5 dried apricot halves with 2 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 cup spinach with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 pear
- 2 thin apple slices topped with 2 tsp of almond butter and 1/4 banana, sliced
- 10 grapes with 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 celery sticks with 2 tsp almond butter
- 1/2 frozen banana dipped in 2 squares of melted dark chocolate
- 2 banana sliced, sprinkled with lemon juice and baked
- 1/2 avocado with squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt
- 4 sliced Granny Smith apples sprinkled with 1 tbsp cinnamon and baked at 250 until crisp
- 25 pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw kale drizzled with olive oil and baked at 400 until crisp
- 8 olives
- 1 cucumber sliced with 1 tsp liquid aminos for dipping
- 1 cup kale leaves with 1 teaspoon of honey and a sprinkle of sea salt
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- 1 cup spinach topped with ¾ cup watermelon and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- DIY Trailmix (8 almonds, four chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of raisins)
- 1/2 small baked potato with 3 tbsp salsa
- 1 medium plum
- 1 slice whole grain bread topped with 1 tbsp avocado, 1/2 tsp honey and 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 avocado spread on 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 kiwi sliced and topped with 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- smoothie with 2 kiwis, 1 cup seedless grapes, 1 1/2 cups spinach and 1 cup ice
- 1 cup mango chunks
- 1 ounce raisins
- 1 cup vegetable soup
Let’s make magic happen!
Share your favorite snack in the comments below OR share one snack from this list that you’re going to try this week!
Today’s Tweetable: 50 Snacks Under 100 Calories (That Are Ready in Minutes) via @CPasquella (simply click the link to tweet!)